Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 12


At Hume Lake, I confessed to the whole room that I am ‘naturally’ not friendly. The Word explained clearly to me today why that is true! Listen to Proberbs 18
Unfriendly people care only about themselves;
they lash out at common sense.
Fools have no interest in understanding;
they only want to air their own opinions.
Ouch. There is that sharp sword! Naturally, I am a selfish, opinionated fool! It continues…
The mouths of fools are their ruin;
they trap themselves with their lips. (v.7)
But then, as usual, there is HOPE…
The name of the Lord is a strong fortress;
the godly run to Him and are safe. (v.10)

I remain in front of the mirror (James 1:22) long enough to see myself in truth; agreeing with God (confessing) that I need Him; resolving to run to Him when I am tempted to be selfish with my words or time, and then rest in the promise that as long as I keep running to Him, I am safe from my own self destruction. I know that sounds dramatic, but it is true! Only God’s transforming power can rescue me from only caring about myself. Praise God He is able! My hope is that as I review my day this evening, I will see God’s grace at work in me. How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment