Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 11


I’m learning that as I consistently pour out my heart to the Lord (without telling Him how to fix it), my anxiety lessens. I am realizing that He truly does know what I need before I even ask. So, as I exchange my fears for His rest by being still, peace is becoming more consistently experienced in my soul (which means my mind, heart, emotions etc.) even though ‘stressful’ circumstances have not changed. This morning, as I was resting in the Presence of the Lord, I was drawn to Psalm 37. Listen carefully to the hope and security of these words:

“Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely
in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord,
And He will give you your heart’s esires.
commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust in Him, and He will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause l will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for Him to act.”

I would encourage you to read it a few times, aloud even. What is your responsibility, and what is His? Remain here. This is transforming IF you apply it in obedience. God is FOR you! Rest in His goodness to you. Wait for Him to give you the desires of your heart. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Grace for this 30 day challenge. Today was especially timely for me. I have been waking up full of anxiety, ( especially today), and this Psalm and this reminder was perfect for me this morning. "...Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for HIm to act." I will Be still in Your presence oh my Lord....I wait, I listen....I have Your peace. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you never doubt that God is with you on the journey, guiding your every step. The Holy Spirit is calling you, dear friend, to see Him in the real world and in real time. Is your heart burning? Mine is, because I've seen God show up enough now to never question the possibility again. If you dare, ask God to open your eyes to see Him and then be on the lookout for His manifest presence and supernatural activity in your life.
    Expect God's presence to overshadow you!"

    Lord I pray that your presence overshadow me, so that You alone show yourself to others and I am just the instrument that you use..
    I love and need you in my life, you are beginning to replace everything that I think is precious to me with You. I am excited about this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great passage in Psalms! I need to rest in that this week!

    ReplyDelete