Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day10

It is the time of year when we contemplate the cross and all that God did to pursue us with His love. As you sit quietly today, listen to the heart of God as He speaks forth His plan of redemption through His Son, Jesus. This is the ONE we have been invited to come to. Amazing...
Here is my servant, whom I uphold, 
my chosen One in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on Him and He will bring justice to the nations.
He will not shout or cry out, or raise His voice in the streets.
A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out.
In faithfulness He will bring forth justice;
He will not falter or be discouraged till He establishes justice on earth.
In His law the islands will put their hope. 
This is what God teh Lord says---
He who created the heavens and stretched them out, 
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, 
who gives life to its people, 
"I, the Lord have called your in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you...to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
I am the Lord; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare;
before they spring into being I announce them to you." (Isaiah 42:1-9)

Praise God the mystery has been revealed to us! Thank You Jesus for Your obedience unto death. Help us Lord, to crucify our sinful desires to Your cross and to follow You in the light of Your life. You are the gentle, humble King and we bow before You as Lord. Thank You Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. He drapped Himself in flesh. God. It is so amazing. The Word became flesh. Unto us, a Child was born. The Child was Mighty God, Everlasting Father. So much mystery. His life lived out among us and then His death for us. He was mocked, ridiculed, beaten, spit upon, scorned, and abandoned at the hands of man. And yet He was/is Love. He loved and forgave the ignorance, the bigotry, the brutality, the hatred and the violence. Yet He continued on with purpose. And He continued on. To the cross. For the joy set before Him, He continued on. He emptied Himself. He humbled Himself and was obedient to the path the Father laid out for Him. It is no wonder the cross is a stumbling block. How much we have to thank Him for.
    And so, He is our example. Oh how I fall short. Oh how I loose sight of what is real, what is of God.
    Help me Lord to forgive, to love.

    ReplyDelete