Saturday, October 9, 2010

30 Day Challenge

The thirty day challenge is simply this: responding to Jesus' invitation in Matthew 11:28
"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Come to Him with no agenda other than to learn from Him and rest. Come with whatever time you have.
This is your time to rest, not work.
Listed below are five simple ways to help you sit still.
Release: casting all your cares on Him (Psalm 62)
Rest: rest in the knowledge of His Sovereignty and love
Remain: meditate on a small portion of His Word, listening to His voice (John 15)
Resolve: make a decision to do what He says (James 1:22)
Review: before going to bed, take a few moments to think about your day;
recognizing His grace that carried you through. (Psalm 139)
If you would like to listen to the messages I taught leading up to this challenge, you can go to the
Hume website and click on podcasts; Spring Women's Retreat (www.humelake.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment